It is important to understand when you are elibible for Medicare, the different parts of Medicare, and the type of additional insurance coverage you may need. We are here to help! DFG Insurance offers Medicare Supplements (Medigap), Medicare Advantage Plans, and Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage) through multiple carriers.
We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all your options.
Medicare Supplement (Medigap)
A Medicare Supplement (Medigap) insurance policy is sold by private companies and can help pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
Medicare Advantage/Part C
A Medicare Advantage Plan is a type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare to provide Part A and Part B benefits. Most Medicare Advantage Plans include Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Medicare Prescription Drug / Part D
Medicare Part D, also called the Medicare prescription drug benefit, is a United States federal-government program to subsidize the cost of prescription drugs and prescription drug insurance premiums for Medicare beneficiaries.
How do I renew my Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare Drug Plan?
Review the Annual Notice of Change you received from your Part C or Part D carrier. This letter explains the changes scheduled for the next plan year. This will include any changes in premium, benefits, deductibles, copays and/or prescription formulary.
- If you want to keep the plan described in the Annual Notice of Change, you do NOT need to do anything. The plan will automatically renew for the next plan year.
- Click here to download the “Medicare and You” Handbook.
- Click here for more information about Medicare.
Renewing your plan
- Annual Election Enrollment (AEP) for Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans is October 15th-December 7th each year.
- Missouri residents have a unique “Guaranteed Issue” opportunity known as the Missouri Medicare Supplement Anniversary Guaranteed Issue Period.
- Call 417-889-7700 or email us us to learn more from one of our certified agents.
- Or CLICK HERE to be redirected to the Medicare website.